December 23, 2014

A Rare Someone

This is the only way,
I will be,
I will not change myself,
To manipulate through ,
A cruel world.

And then when you,
Confront me and tell me,
To change,
To not remain so good,
Lest I face harassment,
At hands of evil-

I will say with clouded eyes,
Yet a firm voice,
That the silent prayer,
Which escapes your lips;
That awe which you feel,
When you see one of those RARE SOMEONES,
Who is still brutally honest,
And unpolitical, innocent to a fault;
Those blessings,
Which arise in your heart,
Unconsciously;

Will help me survive,
Even in this callous, bitter, degrading world.....


IndiBlogger Badge

12 comments:

  1. Nice one Amrita...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lines as always..!!!
    keep writing
    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..wonderful words..the last lines ended the poem with hope and optimism..that should be the spirit..we all are fighters..keep it up..

    ..i also write sometimes..do check my blog if you get time.. :)
    http://riggs-riggs.blogspot.in/2014/12/a-dream_16.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Rigzin! :) Will definitely read your blog too!

      Delete
  4. Very nice, If you are honest, you don't need to change. People will understand and appreciate you some day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ratna! Very rightly said indeed! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

24/7 Odisha Saree Shopping! Order online!